Caribbean Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
Rejoice salad enthusiasts, this recipe is definitely for you. Revel in the taste of the tropics while sticking to your healthy lifestyle with this flavour-packed salad. A satisfying salad that is full of fruits, topped with teriyaki chicken, drizzled with a honey lime dressing and served with plantain crisps. Gather in salad enthusiasts and give this Caribbean salad a shot!
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Total Time||Serving||Calories|
|15 mins||15 mins||30 mins||4||422 kcal|
What you’ll need:
For the Pico de Gallo:
- 2 diced medium tomatoes
- ½ cup red onion, finely minced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, finely minced
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoon seeded jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
For the honey-lime salad dressing:
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice/Lemon
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
For the salad:
- 1-2 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1-2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice or water
- 2 tbsp. Jerk Seasoning Spice
- 2 cups Plantain Chips
How to do it:
PICO DE GALLO
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Keep cool until it’s ready for serving.
HONEY-LIME SALAD DRESSING:
- In a large bowl, whisk Greek yoghurt, honey mustard, lime/lemon juice, sesame oil, and vinegar together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate while waiting to be served.
- Using a medium bowl, combine together the jerk spice, teriyaki, and water.
- Pour into a zip lock bag or cover the bowl using a saran wrap, and marinate the chicken in the mixture for one hour or overnight.
- After marinating the chicken, shake off the excess marinade and prepare to grill it.
- Grill the chicken on a grill pan using one tablespoon of oil until thoroughly cooked about 5 minutes per side. Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting into chunks or strips.
- Combine pica de gallo, romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, and pineapple into one large plate.
- Serve it with plantain chips and honey lime dressing.
Feast on this delectable sight of tropical colours and Caribbean-kicked chicken salad!