Green Banana Porridge
Green Banana Porridge is a delightfully easy to make breakfast, lunch or snack. What’s even better is that this recipe has taken on a Caribbean notch! This recipe offers a mixture of flavours that would surely be a regular in your kitchen. Gather round and enjoy this sumptuous bowl of warmth!
|Prep Time||Cooking Time||Total Time||Serving|
|5 mins||5 mins||10 mins||2|
HOW TO DO IT
1. Peel banana(s) – (score down the banana with a knife carefully then peel) for ease soak the banana(s) after scoring in warm/hot water for a minute to help get under the skin.
2. Put the cut-up banana and 1 pint of milk or less; nutmeg; salt; oats into the blender and pulse until smooth.
3. Heat the milk to warm in the pot then add the blended ingredients and whisk until the thickening …..process has stopped.
4. Flavour to taste with sugar or honey and add the vanilla
5. To get the right consistency add a little more milk or coconut milk and cook while stirring for a minute or so until not runny or too thick.
Enjoy your sumptuous bowl of warmth delicious Green Banana Porridge!
• 2 small green bananas or one large
• Pinch of salt
• Pinch of grated nutmeg
• 2 pints of milk (use less than and add is always best for the right consistency)
• 3 table spoons of oats porridge (not necessary can be left out)
• Sugar or honey
• Coconut milk (not necessary can be left out)